Monday, October 29, 2012

Refurbishing

The past few months I have been playing with some smaller items of furniture (pictures were previously posted) ... but I just finished a larger item.  Unfortunately, I didn't take a "before" picture.  However, I have a companion piece to this furniture so you can see how dark the wood and varnish is.  Hopefully this little hutch will get finished soon for my house (and I will post pictures when it is done) ....

BEFORE:

AFTER...  The dresser was painted in white, some of the old stain showed through in places, and I used a tea dyed glaze over the white.  The old hardware was broken so I found like replacements.

 and I made a little dresser quilt for the top out of some scraps.


I grew quite fond of it, but a family member of a family member is enjoying it now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment