Friday, October 28, 2011

October Charm Quilt

Last month I used my scraps to make a Halloween Quilt using 2 1/2" strips.  Needless to say I had lots of fabric left over from my Halloween stash (that's what fabric hoarders do).  I am hooked on using a solid black background fabric and thus I decided to try another Halloween project using 5" squares (charms).  Halloween is almost here so I am cataloging these ideas for next year.  I love the double pinwheels that seem to flow throughout the quilt.




I used a pattern called "Xs and Os" by Olive Tree Textiles.  I modified it a bit by adding borders using 2 1/2" strips left over from my other project and more black and this is what I came up with.  I did a simple loop design for the quilting with purple thread.


The back of the quilt was from my stash of Halloween yardage that I try and purchase when the season is over for a wonderful discount.  This stripe and purple print with witches is just bewitching!


It's another favorite.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment