Friday, December 9, 2011

December Charm quilt

This charm quilt was made with the fabric line "Figgy Pudding" which has been hanging around in my stash for a while.  I used a Schnibbles pattern from Miss Rosie's quilts.  The pattern is amazing, but it didn't work with this fabric line.  You cannot  really pick them outbut there are three different blocks in this pattern -- 9 star blocks, the center of each being a pinwheel, on the outer edge of the star blocks a shoo fly block is trying to peek out.  I think the quilt (actually a table topper, it is under 40" square) needed more fabric that was a solid or very small print for the blocks to stand out better.  But, even though it isn't necessarily a favorite, I have gotten several compliments on it, as I have mentioned a few times, my camera isn't taking the best pictures these days.   


Rhonda

No comments:

Post a Comment