Monday, July 9, 2012

It's been a long time since I have posted on the blog, but it does not mean that I have not been busy -- the problem more likely is I have been too busy.  A few months ago I found the perfect little house to rent, it just needed some work, and more work, and I'm still working on it.  I spent at least 6 weeks cleaning, repairing, and painting the inside of the house (with the exception of finishing some repairs and paininting on doors and moldings).  The kitchen is large, it has the old retro gold linoleum, pink laminate countertops and backsplash, the fridge and stove took hours to get in usable condition -- but it has all paid off and we are loving it..  The good news is the cabinet doors were in good shape, some Howards Feed & Wax perked them right up. WARNING -- some of the BEFORE photos may be hazardous to your health!

BEFORE






Austin is in this picture so you can see the (before) door in the background

AFTER


Clean Stove (Thanks Mom for all your patience and help)

Walls with a new coat of paint and clean floor

Kitchen door and molding


Austin had the idea to paint the column under the counter and distress it to match the door,
the wood was in pretty rough shape

I have a theme coming into effect, since this picture was taken  I have added a black bar stool.  I have a couple more things to finish in the kitchen, and when I post my additional photos (I have imposed a personal deadline for July 31, 2012), I will snap a couple more pictures to share, it will all come together and you will see where my color choices came from.  (Hint -- my life revolves around fabric).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment