Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Strawberry Orange Splash




It has been a long time since I have posted on our blog. There are so many reasons for this. Before, I was posting all of these yummy recipes that were not only great, but very fattening. Well....a few months ago, my husband I decided to make a change...A BIG change! So we have spent the last few months taking all of our old recipes and improving them. We are still making all of our favorite recipes, but now, we have reduced the calories in them (some over half) and have taken the old recipes and made them, healthy and delicious! But the best part is, we have not sacrificed any of the flavor. Since we started this a few months ago, my husband has lost over 75 pounds and I have lost almost 50! So here is our first recipe..Enjoy!
  • I have always loved fruit drinks. The problem, is that I would make lemonade and it had 2 cups of sugar. So here is a very delicious drink that not only tastes great, but only has a few calories per 16 ounce glass. This drink is great on a hot July day like today!

1 package Crystal Light Drink Mix. I used Wild Strawberry, but Lemonade or your favorite would be great also.
2 cups of Ice
8 cups of Cold Water
1 cup Frozen or Fresh Blueberries
1 large orange ( I cut up half for decoration in the drink and with the other half I squeeze the fresh orange juice and add it to my mixture
1 large bunch of Fresh Mint

Add all ingredients to a large pitcher and stir. Refrigerator for a couple of hours so that all of the flavors will incorporate. You can also add Fresh or Frozen Strawberries, Grapefruit, really any fruit that you like. It is very refreshing drink and the best part is that it is also a very low calorie treat!

Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment