Thursday, May 26, 2011

Life On The Farm

Living on a farm has its perks -- and it's not so perks.  Although I didn't take this picture, this little rabbit looks like one of the "Cottontails" that you see running all over on the farm.  My dad refers to them as "his cottontails."  He likes them because he says these little things pick out the very best hay in the stack and that is where they eat.  I don't totally get that because many of you will recall a few years ago the big rabbit roundups in Idaho.  The Cottontails, however, are not the same as Jack Rabbits and not as destructive to the hay. 



Anyway, to get on with my story, yesterday there was a little one of these Cottontails on the porch step.  However, it was no longer living.  Whether a cat or dog saw to its demise I do not know.  It made me sad, Austin had to come to the rescue and see that it was removed, I couldn't do it.  My dad is in mourning over the loss of one of his precious cottontails.  Should you see him, please give him your condolences.

1 comment:

  1. Rhonda,

    That is so funny! Dad had to call me and tell me about his little Cottontail Bunny! So I already gave him my condolences....

    Julie

    ReplyDelete