Sunday, May 22, 2011

May scrap quilt

This month's scrap quilt is designed using leftovers from this quilt I made for a customer.  She doesn't sew so she gave me the scraps.




Although there was not an abundance of fabric left over from this project, I wanted to use every little piece.  So I cut the few scraps I had into even smaller 1 1/2 inch squares, I then cut 5" squares from a solid cream and stitched the 1 1/2 inch squares right sides on the diagonal of each corner of a 5 inch cream background square. This formed a triangle in each corner.  When the squares were sewn together they formed these cute little offset squares -- I think they were happy to meet each other.

This was the result of their reunion ....


It has taken me a little while longer than I thought it would to piece this together.  And -- as if that wasn't enough, when I was trying to determine how to use some more scraps to sew the back, this was the result ...


I now have a sweet little quilt for a baby in aqua and brown that could be for a boy or girl -- and if you don't like one side, just flip it over and use the other.


Better get back to sewing.  Next month's scrap quilt won't be a baby size and there's lots of cutting and stitches and triangles and squares ... stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment