Sunday, May 1, 2011

May Charm Quilt

It's a new month and time for more quilts ... I'm behind on the scrap quilt so the charm quilt is getting posted first this month.  There is hope for summer as there is some green grass poking up in this picture.  I don't know if I am more excited about the quilt or the grass and the fact it was nice enough to actually take a photo outside.

May's charm quilt was made using another Moda fabric line called "Oh My" by Sanae.  I can't decide if the fabric has a retro or modern look but I wanted the quilt to actually have a vintage look so I used a pale yellow background fabric.  I made the pattern up myself (and had to have some input from my mother as to the layout when it came to the diagonal rows).


For the quilt back I used a dot rather than a floral with a darling fuchsia for binding.  And below you can see the floral pattern I quilted into the pinwheels. 

Happy May!

No comments:

Post a Comment