Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day Treats

This year was an extra special Mother's Day.  Trevor and Jasmine blessed their beautiful new baby girl and lots of family members from both sides of family gathered together to celebrate the special event.  I chose to  make the desserts.  I started with a couple of favorites -- Austin loves these lemon bars, brownie bites for the brownie and chocolate chip cookie lovers, the cupcakes were a big hit with the kids and I tried a new recipes for Twix Bars (I think Austin is loving these too).  

Lemon Bars

Strawberry Cupcakes with Marshmallow Flowers

Twix Bars, Brownie Bites

And for my favorite sister, Julie, this little rectangular plate with the Twix Bars on it I bought for you.  It has green stripes around the edge and some really pretty flowers in the center that are a dark pink color.  Maybe someday I will remember to give it to you -- after I use it a few times.

1 comment:

  1. YUM! I'm sitting on my couch thinking how hungry I am and then I come across your delicious blog pics. Thanks, Rhonda! :)

    ReplyDelete