Saturday, June 11, 2011

Best Corn On The Cob!

Okay summer is here, finally!! One thing that I love about summer, is buying corn on the cob. It is such a great vegetable and my kids love it, so you cannot go wrong with that. A few years ago, my friend Stacy taught me this little trick for cooking corn on the cob and it is fantastic. It is so easy to prepare and it keeps all of the flavors and nutrients in. Have you ever been to a restaurant and they bring you out corn on the cob that has been sitting in boiling or hot water all day? Give this a try, you will be very surprised! It does not get soggy and still has a little crunch to it.

Parchment Paper
Corn on the Cob ( Cleaned )
Butter
Salt
Pepper

I use pre-cut parchment paper but you can also buy it in a roll at the grocery store. Put 2 small pats of butter on one side and then salt and pepper the corn. I place the corn down on the butter when I roll up the parchment paper. Twist both ends of the parchment paper and microwave about 3-4 minutes. Note: It may take longer depending on how many corn on the cobs you put in the microwave and how many watts it is. Just push down on the corn through the paper and if it feels soft, then it is done.
Unroll, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment