Thursday, June 2, 2011

Fruit Pizza




Fruit Pizza is a tradition at our home in the summer. My husband begs me to make this, so Troy this is for you. I try to get an array of different colors of fruit ranging from blueberries, strawberries, kiwi, grapes, really whatever you like, put it on. I make this pizza a couple of different ways. Sometimes I cheat and just buy Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough, as in the picture above. It is still really good in this. Other times, I make sugar cookie dough. I find it easy to pre-cut the slices and decorate each one individually. This makes it a lot easier to cut and serve. When fruit is really expensive, I just buy a bag of frozen mixed berries, it can save you lots of money if the berries are not on sale.

2 tubes Pillsbury refrigerated Sugar Cookie Dough

Topping:
1 8 ounce Philadelphia Cream Cheese (Room Temperature)
1 8 ounce tub of Cool Whip (thawed)
1/2 cup Powdered Sugar

Fresh or Frozen fruit

For the glaze:
1 cup sugar
4 Tablespoons Corn Starch
1/2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (bottled is also okay)
1/2 cup water

On large baking sheet, or pizza pan, roll out cookie dough. (I use Pam to avoid cookie dough from sticking). Bake in oven at 350 F, just until cookie dough turns a light brown, usually about 12 minutes. Let cool completely. In a saucepan, combine all of the glaze ingredients and mix on medium heat just until mixture boils for 1 minute. Remove from heat and cool.  Meanwhile, mix together cream cheese, cool whip and powdered sugar. When cookie is cool, spread evenly over entire surface. I pre-cut my pizza to make it easier to cut when serving. You can either decorate the entire pizza as one piece, or each piece individually. Once the glaze is cool, drizzle glaze over the pizza ensuring that all of the fruit is covered. I would tell you to refrigerate and cover, but I do not think you will have to worry about that. I hope you enjoy this as much as we do!    Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment