Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Mint Brownies

I have lots of brownie recipes I make for my family and this one is usually a big hit.  Because food coloring is added with the mint flavoring, it is a good dessert to make for holidays by adding different colors of food coloring.  I used the traditional green this time I made them.  They are fairly rich, I would recommend cutting them into small pieces.


Cake part of brownies:
1 c. flour
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter
4 eggs
16 oz. or 1 1/2 c. Hershey syrup
Mix the above ingredients together and bake in a 9 x 13 cake pan for 25-30 minutes.  The cake part  has a bit of a different texture and may not look done, but you don't want to overcook.  Cool completely.

Mint Frosting:
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 c. butter
1 Tbsp. water
3/4 t. mint extract
3 drops green food coloring (or color of your choice)
Mix the above ingredients together and spread over cooled cake.

6 Tbsp. butter
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
Melt the butter and chocolate chips together, mix well and pour and spread over Mint frosting.

This cake is best when served cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment