Thursday, March 3, 2011

German Chocolate Cake

The German Chocolate Cake! Growing up, this was a very coveted cake! We did not have it on Easter, we did not have it on Christmas. There was only one special day out of the year that you would receive this amazing cake, and that was on your birthday! I remember standing at the stove watching my mom stir the Coconut Pecan frosting and I could not wait to be one of the first who got to lick the wooden spoon. Still today, this is the most requested, if not the only cake requested on your birthday. This is definitely one of my favorite things!!

2 comments:

  1. This is one of the differences between my sister and I -- she makes the fancy layer cakes, I make the simple sheet cakes. Don't they taste the same??
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum....I mean it....Yum...how do I get on the Birthday list?????

    ReplyDelete