Monday, March 7, 2011

Dr. Seuss Quilt



When my sons were growing up some of my favorite books to read to them were the infamous Dr. Seuss. We have quite a collection. Needless to say, when a Dr. Seuss fabric line came out I absolutely HAD to purchase just a few pieces to make something. I decided on a project with fat quarters and this little quilt was so bright and fun it totally made my day. How could you not be happy?! The back of the quilt has some of the favorite characters such as The Grinch, Horton Hears a Who, Cat In The Hat, The Sneetches, The Lorax, etc. A couple of months ago I got some books out for my nieces to read -- one of the books Trevor (my oldest son) had written his name in big letters. It brought back many memories and I wished I could sit down and read to him again.
Rhonda

2 comments:

  1. Rhonda, I might be able to make a cake, but I cannot imagine doing anything like this! You are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to imagine how many of those beautiful quilts you have made. I am feeling the bug to get my fabric out again...you inspire me.

    ReplyDelete