Friday, March 11, 2011

March Scrap Quilt


As I have said before and you will hear me say many times throughout my posts, I am a fabric addict.  Not only do I have a lot of projects to make, I tend to keep the scraps from past projects -- because you never know when a 1-2" piece might come in handy.  Each month I have set a goal to try and complete a quilt using nothing but scraps!  (I am pretty secure in knowing I can do this for a year).  My scrap piles continue to grow with each new project (kind of like yeast when placed in warm water to dissolve).  For my March project I pieced 2 1/2 wide strips of various lengths together in rows and sewed a neutral fabric between each row.  I love the fabric I found for the back of the quilt; the green dot I used in the binding complemented both the front and back and pulled it all together.  It turned our darling and I have enough of the brown floral and green dot left to make a little pair of pants for a new baby ;o) 
I can hardly wait to share April's scrap quilt with you! 

1 comment:

  1. You are a fabric genius! Everything looks so cute and ends up perfect. I love seeing all of it!

    ReplyDelete