Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Just One Star

Moda staff and designers have issued a challenge called Just One Star can comfort a soldier.  The challenge is to piece, quilt and bind 100 quilts in 100 days.  They are setting a goal to receive 1800 star blocks and will coordinate their donations through the Semper Fi Fund to go to soldiers who are injured in the line of duty in Afghanistan and Iraq fighting for our freedom and security.  Being the mother of a soldier who is currently serving in Iraq, I will be making a star block to donate for this good cause.  I will post a picture of my completed block(s) soon.  If you, or someone you know, would like to participate, this website gives you the instructions and mailing address.  http://www.unitednotions.com/LA_just_one_star.pdf

2 comments:

  1. I started to do this and just couldn't quit. To date I have done 18 of them. I may do more....

    ReplyDelete
  2. no.....not Algibert.......Janeale

    ReplyDelete