Friday, March 18, 2011

Just One Star Project


Tonight I decided to sew a star to donate for the "Just One Star" challenge by Moda.  Instead of piecing just one block to donate, I completed four.  Each star will have written on it a name and where that person is from.  Having a son serving in the military has given me a deeper appreciation for the men and women who serve in our armed forces.  They are truly heroes in many regards as they leave home for months at a time for parts unknown and leave behind wives and children.   I wish I could thank each of them individually for all they do for us.  

Since I have extra stars, three individuals will be chosen to have your name and location written on one of these blocks.  I invite you to post a comment regarding how someone in the military may have touched your life, what freedoms you may enjoy because of the sacrifices these service men and women make ... (you get the idea).  Three winners will be chosen on Monday, March 21st.  

2 comments:

  1. You know this has a bittersweet place in my heart. Trevor has truely blessed me in so many ways I cannot describe. He is my best friend and I would do anything for him. Going through this deployment has been the hardest thing I have ever had to do. And without Trevor I don't think I would be able to do it. He has not only made me strong, but our relationship and family so much stronger. I love him very much and his willingness to serve our country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have great respect for the men & women who choose to serve our country and preserve our freedoms. They are always in our prayers. Without them we would be...well, like all the other countries in the world and that would be too sad. I love America & the people who work & sacrifice in our behalf. God Bless America!!!

    ReplyDelete