Tuesday, April 19, 2011

April's charm quilt - Central Park



This month's charm quilt was made using 2 charm packs (remember a charm pack is a stack of 42 -- 5" squares) of Kate Spain's fabric "Central Park". I pieced together 5" blocks, cut them in half and half again creating squares and rectangles (also known as a Disappearing 9 patch block).  You can lay them out in several ways to sew them back together in rows (soon I will show you the Halloween table topper I made -- yes you heard me right HALLOWEEN!).  There are some absolutely gorgeous pieces in this line of fabric (I want to buy some yardage) and it was so much fun.  It didn't take long to sew, quilt and bind.  I used a large daisy print as a backing and a solid yellow for the binding.  It brightens my day to look at this quilt and makes it feel like springtime (although I don't think it will ever quit snowing and/or raining here in Idaho).

No comments:

Post a Comment