Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A new addition

A week ago my son's wife had a baby girl.  Welcome Reggie Tayzli!!  She is beautiful and is welcomed by her big brother.  Daddy will be home in about a week for R&R for a couple of weeks and is excited to see and hold his little ones.  Since I was never blessed with girls -- and this is my first granddaughter -- I have been sewing something besides quilts.  How I wished I had tried harder when my mother taught me to sew all those years ago.  Most of my sewing has been later in life when I wanted to make decorations for my home and ultimately started quilting (anything but buttons and zippers).  I must say that I could sew, quilt and bind a baby quilt in the amount of time it took me to make these little clothing items.  This little dress uses a pink onesie embellished with a fabric flower and cowboy boots to complete the outfit.

  

And then there were these little pants I just had to make using scraps from the backing and binding of my March Scrap Quilt, and another pair from Sandy Gervais "Giddy" fabric.  Look at how darling the little ruffle and pockets are.  Although they show the front view of the pants, they sport some cute red pockets from the print used in the ruffle.  These are going to be so cute over a little onesie.


I keep findings fabric, tutorials and patterns to make several more items of clothing, although her closet doesn't look like she needs a thing.  Another fun part of sewing for her is that with all the cute fabric out there, I can justify buying more!

And hopefully her parents won't mind if I post a picture or two of the grandkids ... they are both adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment