Sunday, April 10, 2011

Blueberry Pancakes

Sunday mornings are not complete without Blueberry Pancakes! My family loves these and so does our chocolate lab. These pancakes are a must try. They have a nice crunch on the out side and are very fluffy and moist. You cannot just stop at one.

2 cups flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
4 eggs separated
1 3/4 cup 1% or 2% milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries

In separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. In another bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt, then add the milk, egg yolks, and vegetable oil. After all ingredients are combined, gently fold in egg whites with rubber spatula. Cook on preheated griddle. To make your pancakes have a nice crust, rub butter on the griddle right before you spoon on your pancake batter. I add the blueberries directly onto the pancakes right after I spoon them onto the griddle. This helps prevent your batter from turning blue. Last but not least, Enjoy!!



2 comments:

  1. Julie, I have a question. Do you have your eggs at room temperature when you whip the egg whites or right out of the fridge? Does it make a difference in how fluffy you can make them?
    Celia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Celia....

    I always try to have my eggs at room temperature. They do make a difference when they are warmer and are a little less rigid and are a little more fluffy. But....with that said, I sometimes am in a hurry and just take them right out of the fridge. I hope that helps...I notice a huge difference when I make cookies and cakes, they always seem to turn out better when my eggs are at room temperature.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete